St. Anne’s – An Early History
There was a group of people who felt called to gather as Episcopalians in Warsaw. This dedicated group of 10 people began as a Mission Parish and gathered with Fr. Bruce Mosier on July 2, 1950 to celebrate Holy Eucharist at the Hays Hotel, which is where the Lake City Bank now stands. A lot of firsts occurred in the next ten years including Sunday School, Confirmations, Baptisms and Requiem Eucharist. The Roman Catholic church community built a new building (Sacred Heart) more centrally located in Warsaw and in November 1960, St. Anne’s found a permanent home at 420 W. Market Street.
There have been many other firsts and this history is rich with names of founding members and full of memories of early vicars, rectors, curates, assistants, and ministries.