Every November, we provide a full Thanksgiving dinner for families who are struggling financially. This year we are asking members of the parish to donate funds to purchase the items that go into the baskets. Those items are: stuffing, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, french fried onions, instant mashed potatoes, gravy, and applesauce. We will also give each family a $35 voucher for food items only to be used at Kroger to purchase the meat of their choice and any other food that is needed. With donations, we are able to purchase these items at a discount to fill the baskets. In 2022 we served over 200 families with a Thanksgiving dinner. What a gift to our community.
A group of parishioners in our parish cut out and sew fleece prayer blankets, with appliqued crosses. These small soft blankets are then stored in the Gift Counter in Rose Hall. When anyone in the Parish hears of someone in our community who is in need of prayers, due to an accident, surgery, illness, or some other tragedy, they can choose a blanket and fill out the card to explain who it is for and why they need prayers. The blanket is then blessed by the Rector at the Sunday church service and every member lays their hand on the blanket as they go up for communion and says a prayer for that individual. The blankets are then delivered to the person standing in need of our prayers. There is no charge for a blanket. Marla Norris is the chair for this ministry. If you are interested in helping, please call: 574-267-6266 or email: office@stanneswarsaw.
Members of Saint Anne’s dress up in costumes, decorate the trunks of their cars and fill them with Halloween Candy for the children of our West Market Street neighborhood to visit during Trick or Treat hours every Halloween. This is a welcoming way for us to interact with the families who do not attend St Anne’s.
AUGUST OUTREACH OF THE MONTH – HABITAT FOR HUMANITY During the month of August, we will take a collection to help purchase the supplies needed for the Habitat for Humanity homes that are being built. You may give monetary donations to assist with this cost by writing a check to St. Anne’s and write “Habitat” on the memo line.
St. Anne’s New Free Library: New addition to St. Anne’s is a “Free Library” located in front of the playground on the west side of St. Anne’s. Please help yourself to a book that you would like to read. You may return it when you are finished.
The Beacon St. Anne’s installed an outdoor food pantry last weekend to provide nonperishable foods and hygiene items for those in our neighborhood. If you are in need of food or hygiene items, you can find our Beacon on the east side of the building under the overhang by the basement stairs. We are happy to report we have had folks that have been using “The Beacon” and are very thankful.
Monthly Outreach Projects
- January–Beaman Home-We provide pajamas and slippers for Beaman Home residents.
- February–Fellowship Missions-We contribute needed personal care items such as toiletries, paper products, etc. for this community mission program.
- March–BABE – Beds and Britches Etc. We will have a baby shower to buy supplies that young mothers can use vouchers to purchase.
- April –CASA Court Appointed Special Advocates
- May–Salvation Army Food Pantry-We will collect food items to help stock our local Salvation Army Food Pantry.
- June–St. Margaret’s House Day Shelter –Started by the Diocese of Northern Indiana and located at the Cathedral of St. James. We will collect items needed to provide the care they provide for the clients that come to the facility.
- July–Soup Kitchen-We prepare a hot meal and serve hungry individuals and families as part of community-wide soup kitchen.
- August–Habitat for Humanity – We will have a houswarming shower and collect funds for current and future builds.
- September-WCHS Pantry– We collect food for Warsaw Community High School students. Students have access to this pantry after school.
- October–Animal Welfare League-We collect monetary donations and supplies for animals at this local animal shelter as part of our church-wide blessing of animals in honor of St. Francis of Assisi.
- November-Thanksgiving Baskets-We provide a basket of food filled with everything needed for a Thanksgiving meal. For over 225 families in Warsaw and surrounding towns.
- December–Hat & Mitten Tree-We collect hats and mittens for children in the Title One Schools